- It barely rains here, but randomly has been raining all week (first rain since May-ish!). So of course, people freak out. They drive at a snail's pace. I hear sometimes schools close!! In the mornings, there weren't worms on the sidewalk, but huge CARACOLES :-) (snails)
- There is no MSU alumni association here :-(
- College is free! For everyone!
- Synchronized swimming is a popular, respected, media-covered sport. Who knew?
- The economy sucks right now. Like, a lot. They use the term "eurozone crisis" to refer to the recessions in most of Europe, and Spain has the worst unemployment of all. (More stats here).
|I did not take this picture|
- A problem: you need to know English, but up until recently you only learned English if your parents could afford to send you to a private immersion school (or abroad). So, there is a whole generation of people about my age who can't get a job because of the economy AND locked out of other opportunities since they were never taught English much in school. Wah wahh.