Friday, March 9, 2012

Captured: Ripples of Hope

Jean Claud Brizzard, new CEO of Chicago Public Schools
Ripples of Hope is our biggest annual fundraiser.  This year, we honored Jean Claud Brizzard and Frank Clark (CEO of ComEd.  He's on forbes.com.  He's also a super inspiring, humble, and caring self-made millionaire.)  Two students spoke to the huge audience about their positive experiences with City Year <3  And I cried when Lisa gave her last speech.  Typical.

I sat at my team sponsor's table (BMO Harris Bank) with Ellen Costello (who I love), Andy Plews, and some other cool cats.  It's so refreshing to be reminded that there are so many others out there pulling for these kids in the ways that they can.  I'm sure that all my business and sponsor interactions over these 2 years will serve me well as a teacher (which I would have never thought twice about before).

Conversation with a BMO exec: "Well that will be good for you when you're a principal."  "...What?"  "Oh I can already tell you'll be a great principal one day."  :-)

My family


No comments:

Post a Comment