Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Captured: El Escorial & Segovia

Two awesome cities just a bus or train ride from Madrid - perfect for daytrips.  I've discovered that I love just wandering around by myself, speaking only Spanish and avoiding areas crowded with tourists.  El Escorial:

Monastery.  I wish I could have taken photos inside.

Garden.
Time for my favorite activity: 1) find bakery and order one or two of whatever is the baker's favorite.  2) Wander town. 3) Find a place outside to sit and read.
Segovia!
Castle :-)  Disney castle was partially modeled on this one.
Roman aqueducts.  The fact that there is no grout or cement boggles my mind.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole! Jack has been asking how you are and when you are coming back so we stopped by your blog to check out your travels. Everything looks so beautiful and it sounds like you are having a great time. I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay!

    -Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I loved reading that Sandy! Yeah, I'm loving all the new things and really don't have many complaints here :-) Say hi to Jack and hope the school year is going well for all of you!

    ReplyDelete