Monday, May 14, 2012

Captured: CY Room Tour

Well, before we tear down our City Year room, I thought I'd capture it.  I do have to say that I'm pretty proud of it, as I lead our team to build it to be both functional and inspiring.  As Martha Stewart said, "life is too complicated not to be orderly."  (Yup, just quoted her.)

 Before: 

The best photo I have.  A dreary windowless room with 2 tables, computers, a whiteboard and couch,
a pile of things that don't belong to use, and an enormous pile of unorganized boxes (out of view).
 After: 

The best whole-room photo I have.  Notice the work space table against the wall and the tech info above the computers.
The Master of All Things.  Tasks to accomplish along the top, check yourself off when you're done.  Usually a
running list of 'team tasks' as well, random info, and who is heading current 'leadership opportunities.'

STORAGE!  You have no idea how much work I put into getting us a cabinet.
It's (usually) more organized than this, thanks to the labels I made.

Progress monitoring - how many donations have we in-kinded so far? (managed by a corps member)

The appreciation board :-) Cards, emails, and notes from anyone to the team are posted here.

The Calendar, which rules our life.  Color-coded (obviously) and a record of hours along the side.

A running list of inspiring quotes from throughout the year :-)
Notice the red class schedule and monthly 'perfect punctuality awards' in the background. 

Everyone has their own desk (gasp!) and can post up their own things about their spot.

First circle boot prints

The appreciation fridge, thanks to one of my corps members.  Want to thank someone? Post it up!
Yes.  Somewhat effective.
Above the less effective bulletin board, and highly effective supply table.

Mission statements and meeting norms.
Notice they're on our fancy bookshelf, that can hold books AND binders!

No comments:

Post a Comment